Acceptance in the clay pit "Gottesgabe" In der Grimmel
The clay pit is
located between the villages Ebernhahn and Siershahn, Westerwald, along
the L 303. Due to the good roads the pit is passable at any time of
The pit was opened
and run at the end of the 19th century by several well known clay firms.
Today only two firms remain that share the pit. The excavation capacity
for Ludwig GmbH is at present set at 300.000 m³.
of the soil is being handled by our subsupplier TOKI,
from Holler, represented by
Mr. Thomas Kilian, Tel. 02602 / 4187 .
He is also the person responsible for the logistics as well as prices.
The refill has
been settled through a Segment Conclusion Plan, admitted on March 8,
2002 under the reference number To a-G-20/00-7 via the Mine Filling
Authority of Rhineland-Palatinate in Koblenz (today Ministry for Geology
and Mining). The ruling stipulates that only LAGA Z1.1 materials can
be used. This means that a clearance certificate from the county government
has to be issued if the material is not more than 1000 m3 out of a similar
transaction. With larger quantities an analysis as per LAGA regarding
the Eluat and dense materials have to be submitted. With each and every
refill samples are taken that have to be stored over a longer period
After the final refill recultivation will be effected, e.g. the restauration
of the surface according to a defined plan and as per the stipulations
of the Mine Filling Authority of Rhineland-Palatinate.